Nappy rash is uncomfortable for your baby, and although it’s easy to treat, there are a few tips you can follow to help prevent it returning.
- Regularly allow your baby to move around without a nappy on for as long as possible
- Change your baby’s nappies regularly
- Cleanse with plain warm water and a mild soap or mild liquid cleanser, avoiding excessive cleaning and scrubbing
- Dry your baby's skin gently by patting rather than rubbing and leave open to air until completely dry
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after changing nappies
- Regularly use a breathable nappy care ointment such as Bepanthen to protect your baby’s skin
Not just nappies!
From changes in diet to teething, there are many causes of nappy rash. Following our tips here will help prevent the rash, no matter the cause.